Wednesday 9 February 2011

i was

i met someone. well, not really met them, but got to know them.
this snow has brought us to the things that keep us together when cars, school, or social gatherings can't. and that's texting, blogging, facebook, 4AM calls, and just talking to each other.

i met this person the year, but it's only been a mutual thing. like the occasional facebook comment, or hi when we see each other. but obviously we are all stuck. and one night this person and i began to chat. and i found out this person isn't at all what they seem. i'll admit, i made a judgment. and this book is not at all like it's cover. this person is a great, inspiring kid. and from what i judged, was very shy. but. everybody has a story. and trust me they did. i'm so glad i met you. you are such a great kid, and most of all shown me that not everyone is what they seem. and not everyone is the person you create in your head. because they're not. isn't it awesome that no one has the same finger prints? that not everyone is the same. that we're all different. that we all have different personalities. that we can all shine in a different way. we're all different.

which makes me think about this.....


there is something about people that just fascinates me. we all have masks. we all have that something that we hide. somehow we all manage to do it. even i do. and this is something so stupid that comes with growing up. do you remember when you were like 5 and nothing was ever a problem and nothing broke you and nothing got in your way, except wanting to grow up. growing up is not my favorite thing. i don't want to be the person with a mask. and i never want people to find out i have one. and i decided i'd take mine off. i don't want to look back at my life and say, what was i thinking, or why in the world would i pretend? and i hope that someday everyone at owasso highschool figures that out. everyone is different. just because they don't wear uggs, or have a north face, or they don't wear make up, or their hair isn't straight, doesn't mean they are weird, or not worth your time, or don't have anything in common with you. they are unique in their own way. just like you. just like me. or justin bieber. everyone is gonna go somewhere. whether it's a CEO, an artist, a mountain biker, or a teacher. we're all going somewhere. just different roads and different destinations.

long live all the magic we made, bring on all the pretenders i'm not afraid.
long live the walls that crashed through, all the kindom lights shine just for me and you.
i love you taylor swift.


bye people.

2 comments:

  1. You blow my mind. You inspire me every single time I read and you share your heart. You are wise beyond your years and Jesus speaks to you and through you. Don't ever I mean ever let anyone tell you anything different.Because HE just does. You have HIS eyes and HIS heart. I am so proud of the woman you are becoming and so proud of where you've been. You are so right. We all have masks. But when Christ gently removes them and says I love you right where you are and you say .....BUT I....He ever so gently wraps HIS Love around us and says I am with you always and through me you can do all things. Lay down your mask and live the life I have called you to. One day at a time we trust HIM and we live freely just as you have shared. without regrets. without judgements. when we see with HIS eyes we know anything is possible!

    I love you my precious daughter....always and forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granddaughter...throughout our lives, we all wear masks. There are some who make a conscious decison to discard that mask & not follow the same trail, & I admire them. If you are one of those..I applaud you!! My dream for you is to live life to the fullest & experience as many places & cultures that you can in order to bring hope for a better future to those you meet. You have a beautiful spirit & I know that you will be an example for generations to follow. I love you so very much. Your Nanny...XXOO

    ReplyDelete