Monday 1 November 2010

this ain't a fairy tale.

so these are the days people told me about.

stay young as long as possible. you can wait to grow up.
you're gonna miss this. slow down.

i cannot even believe half of my senior year is over.
i'm looking at colleges. i'm looking at scholarships.
i'm picking the rest of my life. i'm being responsible.
i'm growing up.

i'm not that little girl anymore that daddy put in her big girl bed.
i'm not that little girl who sat in the back seat and made faces at
my mommy in the mirror.
i'm not the little girl who cried over scraped knees and losing soccer games.
i'm not that little girl who played dress up and called daddy in the middle
of the night to come get me.
i'm not the little girl who wore my moms shoes around the house with daddy's shirt.
the little girl who finally learned her left and right, right and wrong.
the little girl with no care in the world except knowing every word to her NSYNC cds.

i'm now the big girl applying for jobs.
the big girl in the drivers seat instead of mommy.
the big girl wishing this was a fairy tale & that i'll always be with my mommy and daddy in our castle.
i'm the big girl staying out late & daddy waiting up.
i'm the big girl crying over boys & friends.
i'm the big girl trying to make the right decisions that will benefit my future.
the girl with every care in the world about her future.


and i hope one day, i can look back and say, hey. i did it.

what i always know though, my daddy will always be there for me in the middle of the night.
my mommy will always be there on the other end of the phone. always there to make me smile.


i'm not a princess and this ain't a fairytale, but i'm my mommy's world and a daddy's girl. & with them, & my jesus. i can do anything.

thank you daddy and mommy.

5 comments:

  1. There is no feeling like the one knowing you have made a difference in your Childs life! I Love You Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. this is getting me all weepy.

    beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weepy??? Oh my, am I ever!! My first born granddaughter, a beautiful baby girl grown into a beautifully caring, intelligent and lovely young woman. I can't wait to see more of what the world has to offer you - it will be grand!! Love you so very much....Nanny. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Jen! I am one of your Mom's blogging friends. I am praying for you as you choose a college and make other decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna,

    I came over from your precious Mother's blog to read your post and what a beautiful message of love!! You are truly a blessed girl and I'm sure you know it.

    Thanks for sharing and blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete